You know when you have become a real adult? When you are ecstatic about receiving things for your home, like appliances, for Christmas (well, only if they are from people other than your hubby. If Michael would have gotten me an appliance, I may have punched him)! I asked and received a Kitchen-Aide Pasta Attachment. I was so very happy about this, which really disgusts me because it's a kitchen appliance and that's so uncool and old! But being a stay-at-home mom, I really appreciate nice gadgets that make my life a lot easier!
Anyways, while my parents were visiting over Christmas, they test drove the new attachment and made us some pretty awesome pasta, twice!
Our friends, Brenda and Luna, came over this past week and we tried out our luck with the pasta making. We even got fancy and made spinach pasta! The pasta turned out AMAZING and knowing that there was some sort of vegetable in our pasta made it that much better.
Joey really likes the pasta, too! All of these photos on this post are from Joey's first experience dining on spinach noodles! This is also the time when we realized Joey loves pasta noodles period.
We now try to keep some cooked pasta noodles around at all times. These noodles aren't only a source of food, but a good distraction tool! Joey really digs finger foods, so the noodles help occupy Joey while I am trying to prepare dinner or clean the kitchen.
Joey can go through some pasta! Now, with that being said, I should also mention that a lot of this pasta does not make it into Joey's stomach. A lot of it ends up in Joey's chair, or on his shirt. When I'm cleaning up after Joey is done eating a meal, I actually just tip the high chair over, so all of the scraps fall on the floor. I don't do this so I can plug in my powered vacuum, I do this so my canine vacuums can clean up the mess! Ever since Joey started to eat solids, the dogs have taken to him more and more...




So cute Sara! Joey brings a smile to my face everytime I see him. I'm sure the dogs are in heaven with the solids being served. 1 noodle for me (Joey), 1 noodle for each dog.... lol
ReplyDeleteHe just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!! I miss you guys soooooo much!!!! Hugs to all
ReplyDeleteTia