Sunday, January 23, 2011

And we have a crawler...


This has been Joey's week at finally learning how to crawl!  He has been on all fours and doing the "rocking" position for over a month!  And every time we have seen him do this, we have each exclaimed "He's about to crawl!  Any minute now!" and then he never did it.  However, this week, he finally made some real progress!  He would crawl a couple of inches and then fall on his face and get angry. 

I guess I would get angry, too, if I kept eating carpet!  Joey has even been getting rug burn on his poor little nose!  (See the right side of his nose in the photo above and below).   However, he has continued to try and try and I think he's finally got it down!   

Luckily, for me, Joey does not realize the power he possesses with this crawling thing.  He doesn't quite understand that he can go EVERYWHERE now and when HE wants to move!  He will crawl for a few seconds and then just pop a squat.  A lot of people have been telling me to give him a week and then he will be all over the place and super fast.  Michael and I are finishing up our baby-proofing today and tomorrow because I agree with everyone...any minute and he's gonna be gone! 

Joey is the last 8-month old baby in our group to crawl, but I've been okay with that.  I've seen all of the other moms that can't take their eyes off their babes, even for one second!  I have relished in the fact that I can plop Joey down and he will stay in about the same spot.  I have not taken any of that for granted.  I know my life is about to completely change.  What did I just say in the last post?  Inconsistency is the only constant in a baby's (and parent's) life! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, your life is about to completely change! Lucas didn't crawl until 8.5 months, but once they start...they don't stop! I hope you're prepared =)

    ReplyDelete