Saturday, January 1, 2011

Baby's First Christmas

Christmas was really awesome this year. Not only did we get to spend the holiday with my sister and parents, but it was Joey's first Christmas!

He really liked getting gifts, but not for the gifts themselves, but for the wrapping paper! He was in hog heaven with all of the wrapping paper, bows, and tags!

Joey really got spoiled for Christmas! He received so many nice and fun gifts from family and friends! Since Joey received so many gifts, present opening took FOREVER! Joey even had to take a nap in between stockings and presents because he was so worn out! I'm sure it won't be like that during future Christmas', though!

Michael gave me a moose hat just like Joey's! Now I can be date mates with my son! Score!

Later in the day, we hosted a Christmas dinner with some of our friends that didn't have plans. I think our final headcount ended up being 18 adults, one 5 year old, and four babies! We cooked the turkey and ham and everyone else brought side dishes and desserts! We had quite the spread!

I really wasn't in the Christmas spirit this year, so I was wondering how Christmas day would actually feel. I FINALLY felt "Christmas-y" a couple of days before the big day! I'm sure once Joey is a little older and actually understands the fun of Christmas, I will be in the spirit all month long!


It truly was a great Christmas! I have a new type of excitement for Christmas because of Joey. I am excited to experience future Christmas' with our little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment