Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye Tia

Most of you that regularly follow this blog, know that my sister has been living with us since July. This was a really great experience for all of us! April got to figure out what to do next with her life, meet and bond with her nephew, reconnect with me, and get to know her brother-in-law. We really enjoyed having April stay with us because it gave us some much needed help around the house and with Joey. I think Michael liked having April around because I had someone to talk to before he got home...otherwise, I would talk his ear off which drives him crazy! :) It was a great experience for Joey, as well as, myself. I haven't lived with my sister in 12 years and we had definitely drifted apart. However, this time together has definitely brought April and I much closer. So, not only did we help April out, but she helped us! :) Thank you, April!


April and Joey really bonded during her stay with us. April was able to get Joey to nap at home, take a bottle, booty pop, and do a fist pump! Joey definitely knew his "Tia" and got excited when she entered the room.
Even though we are pretty sad that she has left us, we know that she is starting an amazing chapter in her life! This is the best thing for April and we are so very proud of her! We are truly grateful that we had the past six months to live with her!
Best of luck and we love you! Tia for-eva, OH YEAH, OH YEAH!! :)
(To follow April on her adventures in Portland, click here).

No comments:

Post a Comment