Well, just because he is on the floor does not mean that he stops wiggling all over the place! The lactation consultant that facilitates the Cuddlers group suggested the following "move" when changing baby...
lay your leg over baby while you get the diaper secured! This "contains" the wiggling baby while you get the job done.
I don't do this move during every diaper change, but when I do use it, Joey seems to like it. I think he thinks it is funny that I have my leg on him!
When babies have a runny nose, you have to use saline and a nasal aspirator to suck out the gunk. Joey didn't mind this when he was a still a newborn, but now he hates when we have to do this! A lot of times we can't even get the snot out because Joey fights us so much! That was until I learned this little trick from Parenting magazine...
You lay the baby on their back with their hands down by their sides. Then you straddle the baby so that you have their arms and legs secured. Once you do this, you will have both hands free to get the nose suctioned out!

I think this actually pisses Joey off even more than sucking out his nose normally because not only are you sticking a nose sucker up his nose, but you're holding down his arms and legs! He hates being strapped down! If you've ever seen Joey, you know that he likes to flap his arms and kick his legs ALL OF THE TIME!
Once we free his little body, he's a happy little dude again. Who knew that some simple wrestling techniques would get the job done?!



Poor Joey, doesn't have a chance to get away from you. These are very good tips for moms Sara.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that I'm not the only wrestling mama out there! I wish I could tell you it gets better...but it doesn't! haha. Mine throws such a fit when I ask him to lay down for a diaper change and will literally run into his room (and sometimes slam the door at me). I'm glad Joey thinks the leg hold is funny though!
ReplyDelete