We went to Joey's 6-month baby check-up yesterday. The appointment went well. First, let me tell you about how Joey peed all over the wall, and then the stroller! You have to get your baby naked when they weigh him. Well, I guess the air was a little much for Joey because up shot a stream of urine all over the wall! Then, when we went into the actual exam room, Joey peed off of the table onto his stroller and clothes! Geez, how much liquid did he have in him?!?! It was just Joey and me for this appointment so I was going nuts trying to fill out paperwork, handle Joey, push the stroller, and control his little water hose!
Joey now officially weighs 16 lbs, 10 ounces. He hasn't really gained too much since his last appointment. This actually now puts him in the 25th percentile (he was in the 50th at 4 months). Our little oinker isn't so much of an oinker anymore! Joey is 26 inches long, which also puts him in the 25th percentile. Even though Joey is not as large as he was when he was younger, the doc said he's growing just fine. Our hospital only does 6-month and 12-month appointments. However, Joey's head measurements are a little weird, so she wants us to come back at the 9-month mark to check on things. She actually thinks the techs measured his head wrong at the 4 -month appointment, but just to be on the safe side...
Joey and I also both got our flu shots at this appointment. We both did very well! :) We are also now supposed to feed Joey lots of solids, three-times a day. This kind of stresses me out. It has been so easy to just whip my boob out and feed Joey on the spot. Now, I'm going to have to do a little more planning, preparation, and clean-up for his mealtimes! Maybe I was lucky to breastfeed Joey all of this time versus having to deal with formula and bottles?!?! The grass is always greener on the other side, right?




What a happy baby! Does he smile at everyone? I love seeing his little teeth~ I do believe his hair still looks reddish :-)
ReplyDelete31 more DAYS!!!!!!! Love you!