
Okay, so first let me start off with this: I don't think I'm ever going to drink alcohol AGAIN! Michael and I went out for a super late date night this past Saturday. Since it was so late, we just went to a bar. All I wanted to do was sit at an actual bar, not a table. We go to many establishments that are bar/restaurants but we always sit at a table with Joey because sitting at an actual bar on a bar stool with a baby may just be a bit trashy! (Now, if you're at a table, that's classy)! One of our friends, Jill, came to join us. This was where the problem started. See, Jill didn't really know me pre-pregnancy. She has only really hung out with me while I haven't been able to drink alcohol. So, we decided to make up for lost time...in one night!

Alaska is known for these little shots called "Duck Farts". They sound gross, but are oh, so delicious! These were the demise of my liver this past weekend!
We had a really good time...that was until I barfed all over myself once we pulled into our driveway! Ugh! I also barfed in the toilet and then into our trash can! I, obviously, had forgotten that I had been off the drinking wagon for over 15 months! I thought I could drink like I did before I was pregnant. WRONG!
The worst part about this whole scenario was that I may have had a babysitter for our night out, but I had to be mommy again the day after! That is such a cruel joke! Nursing one of the worst hangovers of your life with a needy 6-month old is not something I would recommend.
Part of me feels bad for you. The other selfish part of me is telling you to suck it up - take it easy and drink just a little from now until April so I can get a chance to have some Sara boozing it up bonding time! You look amazing by the way...all those hiked miles are showing! Kiss Joey for me. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete