
It happened. Joey bit me while he was nursing! I have been dreading the day when those little teeth came in. Luckily, he hadn't bitten me...

until two nights ago. We were doing his bedtime feeding, and CHOMP!!! Holy crap! (I am pretty sure I actually used a way more colorful word than "crap", but this is a family blog). Let me describe how his teeth feel. They are like puppy teeth, sharp little puppy teeth! Luckily, he still only has his two bottom teeth, but that doesn't mean that they don't hurt. Once he bit me, I swore, and cried for 10 minutes! Joey just looked up at me, and then started to cry. I stopped nursing him immediately and put a pacifier in his mouth. I'm hoping he understands that he hurt me, but I'm not too sure.


I only have a little over a week left until we hit the 6-month mark...meaning Joey has exclusively been on
breast milk for the first 6 months of his life. I'm pretty proud of that, especially seeing how hard the beginning was for me. I'm definitely going to make it to 6-months, but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to breastfeed past that, especially now that teeth are involved. He hurt me so badly with teeth just on the bottom, I can't even imagine how much it's going to hurt when he has upper and lower teeth! I bet he could take off half of my nipple! YIKES! And even though he has only bitten me once, my nipples are having to get reconditioned for this new type of torture they are enduring! I know a lot of mamas that breastfeed their babes way past 6-months and all of their babes have teeth and don't bite them. Joey has nipped me a little bit since the chomping incident, but I am trying to correct him. I really hope he doesn't really bite me again. His booby days may be numbered if he doesn't control himself.
(I know none of these photos have to do with boobs or breastfeeding, but they seemed to go well with the whole "puppy teeth" analogy...even though Freedom is not a puppy either!)
owen and i lasted 6 months and began weaning off the breast. i also was terrified of the teeth! Joey is so adorable, i'm sure it didn't take you long to forgive him. miss you
ReplyDelete