Sunday, October 31, 2010

Baby's First Halloween!

Well, we made it! We made it through our first Halloween as parents! Woo hoo!! We even were all able to dress up as "date mates" for the holiday! (If you know anything about Michael and me, you know that our costumes always correlate with each other)! I think dates mates times 3 may be one of the best parts of having a kid!


Hodge Yard Art, or Lawn Ornaments! (Flamingo, Garden Gnome, and Frog)

I think Joey thought his mommy was crazy-looking!


Since we have a kid now, we were encouraged to go to all of the little kiddie fairs in the area. Who knew that there are so many little kid events at this time of year?! It is crazy! April and I took Joey to a Halloween Carnival at our church today (Michael had to work).


We had a lot of fun! There were lots of games for the kids to play. In the photo above, Joey and I are playing musical chairs with a little girl. If we won, then we got a new book! Unfortunately, Joey's mom sucks and lost...twice! (I personally think this game was rigged, but that's another story!)
However, once Joey was able to take control of the game-playing situation, we started to win some loot!
Tia, I mean, The Cat in the Hat, even found her Thangs at the carnival!
We also ran into one of Joey's many girlfriends at the fair. This is Sophie, or peas in a pod, his Stroller Strides girlfriend. She was actually born two days before Joey in the same hospital! So, as we were checking in, they were probably checking out! What a small world!

Sisters!
We really did not want to take Joey trick-or-treating and deal with any smart ass remarks about the candy not really going to Joey because he is so young, but we didn't want Joey to feel slighted, especially on his very first Halloween! So, we went trick-or-treating at our own house! Joey really wanted some of that candy! If you notice, he picked up the Milk Duds. This is the personal fav in our household. I'm actually surprised there were any of those left for Halloween night!

2 comments:

  1. Love your costumes Sara! You make lovely yard art for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you explained "the yard art thing."
    I had no idea what was going on with your costumes. I should have figured it out, but I'm getting slow in my old age. LOL
    No, really I love the posting and the photos. Everyone looks so good:)

    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete