Joey is a kicking, punching, somersaulting fool in there! Michael laid his head on my belly the other night, and all of a sudden he jumped up with a huge ass smile on his face! Joey had just kicked him in the face! :) Who would have thought someone could be so happy about being kicked in the face?We had another doctor's appointment yesterday. We were at 21 weeks 6 days. The doc went over the ultrasound. Everything looked unremarkable and no visible abnormalities! Whoop whoop! Hell yeah, Joey, you stay unremarkable while you're inside of me! :) My uterus measured 23 cm!! I hadn't even hit 22 weeks yet! The doc said this was fine. We also got to hear Joey kick twice while we were listening to the heartbeat, which was 152 bpm.
The rest of the appointment went well. However, in addition to Folic Acid and Prenatal Vitamins, I have to take iron supplements and stool softeners! I am going to need one of those old lady pill boxes so I remember to take all my meds everyday! hahaha! For those of you who know me, you probably know that I have low iron. I have been very aware of this issue since I am a die hard blood donater. I usually was rejected from giving blood every other 56 days because of low iron. Yesterday, the doc brought up that my iron may start to go down and this is very common in pregnant ladies. So, I made sure to bring it to her attention, that I already had low iron before I got into this whole pregnancy business. She checked my numbers and sure enough, reacted! I now have to take iron pills to stop this common problem before it happens to me too. I have to take the stool softeners due to the iron pills! Good grief! Before my next appointment at the end of February, I have to take my glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. I really hope not. If I have it, I will have to go on a strict diet and exercise program. Boo to that! They will also check to see how my iron is doing at that time.
Also wanted to let you all know that I am ALLOWED to paint the baby's nursery...by myself!! I spoke with the doctor AGAIN about painting while pregnant and she said it was completely fine. Today's paint does not contain lead and/or mercury so I'm fine. I will take frequent breaks and have all of my windows open, as well as, a fan blowing. I am not in a rush to paint, so I plan on painting one wall a day.Okay, now onto what I know most you really want to see...my big fat growing belly. I do have to admit that it has gotten bigger. I actually woke up Thursday morning , very excited, because as I was stretched out on the bed, I did not have much of a gap between my fat rolls anymore! This literally happened overnight! However, when I stood up, there are still two fat rolls, but they will be gone soon! I would have never thought that I would be happy to have a huge belly? What has this pregnancy done to me?!?!?!

My belly at 21 weeks 6 days. Notice that I am wearing lovely maternity pants...aren't they attractive? No wonder so many famous pregnant peeps just pose nude! Haha! Not sure if you can tell, but there is still the little valley in between top and bottom bellys. I am very hopeful that this valley will be gone in the next week or so! :)
Now, let's compare to Week 20's photo! Definitely gotten a little bigger!
And Week 14's photo! Holy Crap, I have grown quite a belly on me! Glad I have taken these photos!



You definately look pregnant! Go baby Joey! I have to agree, those blue pants are very attractive...but, it is truly amazing when you start feeling that little life inside of you. it makes it all worth it.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling well and staying warm! It's freezing here! Talk to you this weekend.
Love,
Mom