Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Extravaganza!

Wow, I am glad Easter week is over!  Now I know why my parents would be exhausted after some holidays!  Joey had a solid week of Easter festivities!  He even participated in four different egg hunts!  He had collected so many eggs at the first three hunts, that I was able to "re-egg" all of his found eggs and goodies for our fourth hunt!  Ha ha!

Okay, onto the Easter 2012 Photo Montage!

Easter Event 1 (EE1):  Joey's Mommy and Me Preschool class had a little party on Monday.  All of the crafts that the kids had done over the month were used for this party.  Joey only wore his rabbit ears for 4.5 seconds...long enough for me to get a photo!  

EE1:  Joey's placement for the meal.

EV1:  Joey's first egg hunt.   

EE2:  We met up with our Moms meetup group out in town and had a little potluck and egg hunt.  Here's the kiddos digging into their baskets afterwards!   

EE3:  Our town hosted huge egg hunt, as well as little Easter fair.  There were games, a train ride, pancake breakfast, and egg hunt.  They had tons of eggs that were just thrown in a baseball field and the kids got to go pick them up.  Luckily, the fields were divided into age groups.  

Joey loved the train ride!  

EE3:  Joey really likes egg hunts.  After all, he is an expert egg hunter after four hunts!

 EE3:  I think Joey's favorite part is to get into the eggs and see what goodies he has collected!  He is now a candy hound!  

We had some friends come over this weekend and we dyed eggs.  I wasn't going to color eggs with Joey this year because all I could think about was the great big mess he would make and us not doing anything with those eggs.  However, when my friend suggested dying the eggs and she had all of the supplies, including the eggs, I couldn't turn the opportunity down!  It seems that there are a lot of things in parent world that I wouldn't do on my own with my child, but if another parent is down for doing it with us, then I'm all for it.  I guess misery loves company, huh?  :)  

 Joey really liked dying all of the eggs.  However, he also wanted to break all of the eggs!  

I think all of the kids had a great time dying eggs and playing together!  :) 

Easter Morning:  I hid a few eggs and an Easter basket for Joey Easter morning.  I thought it would take Joey a little while to find the stuff, but it took him seconds to spot the first egg, and then the next, and the next, and so on!  It's like he knew! 

Joey loved his Easter basket.  I think his favorite part was the candy!  I told you, he's a candy hound!  After this, Joey and I checked out a new church in the area.  I usually like to go to Sunrise Service, but I didn't even want to attempt that with Joey. 

EE4:  Our final event of the 2012 Easter season.  We joined a friend and some of her neighbors for a little egg hunt in their neighborhood Easter evening.  This hunt was kind of cool because the eggs were actually hidden.  All of the other hunts Joey had participated in, the eggs were just thrown on the ground.  I wasn't sure how Joey would do actually having to search for eggs.  He did awesome!  He really got into it and wanted to keep searching even after we were done!  

Joey and his buddy, Blake, enjoying their sugary treasures!  

No comments:

Post a Comment