This past weekend, Joey and I joined our So Cal parent/kid hiking group and checked out Casper Wilderness Area. We've driven by this park a few times and thought nothing of it. I wish we would have checked this place out earlier! It was a really nice area! There are several different hiking trails and campgrounds within the park. I think the reason I liked this park so much was because it has a lot of trees! I really miss trees and forested areas. I am not a big desert person, so all of the rocks, and dirt, and clear views for miles just aren't my thing.
This was the view from the nature center. Not too bad. A much better view than all of the houses and roads and buildings we've been seeing on our other hikes.
We've had a pretty dry year down here, so water in the riverbeds was non-existent! Joey was completely cool with that...lots more rocks to play with!
Along our hike, Joey got really scared of something ahead of us on the trail!
Turns out, it was just all of the parents in our group blowing on grass!! Ha ha! Who can make the best whistling noise with grass?!?!
There are some pretty impressive oak trees down in So Cal. I haven't tired of admiring these old guys when we come across them.
Joey actually did not hike that much on this hike. Fortunately for me, I was able to bring my super sweet Chariot stroller (the one that I used in Alaska to ski with). Now that I'm almost 7 months prego, it's getting to be too much to carry Joey in my backpack/carrier. I knew that Joey probably wouldn't walk the whole two miles, so I needed to have something to haul his growing butt in. The Chariot worked out perfectly!
At the end of our hike, Joey and his little buddy decided to make rock stew.
Joey really wanted to get a good smell of their soup! (We checked this hollowed out log before Joey stuck his face down there...there are lots of rattlesnakes out here. There were just rocks and a used beer can in that hole! Perfect ingredients for rock stew!).




No comments:
Post a Comment