Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cheese With My Whine, Please

I know I have been whining a lot about how much I dislike toddlers and what a handful Joey is.  But, I do have to admit, we do have some good times together.  The kid is pretty funny and cracks me up on an almost daily basis, even if it's just for a minute.  

 Like, when he eats flour.  Straight up all-purpose flour.  By the spoonfuls.  

 Even after he decides it's gross...

 he goes back for more!  Not a quitter, that's my son! 

We've started walking every morning, and now, he runs right for the stroller!  No fights, crying, or tantrums! He just jumps right in!  He actually got mad yesterday morning because we had to go on a drive before we could go on our walk with the stroller.  He jumped in the stroller, which was parked in the garage, I had to push him to the car, where I made him get out so I could load us into the car, which then turned into a tantrum.  At least, he wanted to be in the stroller, right?  

Joey also does funny things, like try to go down the slide face first (something he learned at the playground earlier this day), hug me all day long, wave at everyone he sees, wipe my mouth after he wipes his, makes sure we "cheers" before every sip of our drinks, and so forth!  These times make me so happy to have a toddler and to be his mother.  

Then, we go to the grocery store, and he rips open the instant oatmeal box, throws all of the packets onto the floor, holds the box hostage from me when I am trying to check out, throws the box across the floor when I lift him out of the cart to run the box (in his hands) across the scanner, and then proceeds to scream and cry while the entire store looks at me.  Ahh, yes, there's the toddler I know!  Thank God babies and toddlers are cute and have those small fun moments, otherwise, mamas may eat their children! 

3 comments: