Saturday, January 28, 2012

Submerged

Joey used to love the bath.  It was one of his favorite parts of the day.  Unfortunately, something has changed.  We're not sure what it was.  He didn't have a scare in the tub.  He didn't get scalded or too cold with the water.  He had tons of toys.  I really have no clue what happened.  Michael was giving him his baths a lot, but then he wanted nothing to do with Michael and baths.  Then, I would try.  Freak out episode #2 of the night.  Joey was getting a lot of sponge baths there for a little while.  

 
I then threw away all of his bath toys because most of them had grown some nasty mildew on the insides.  Those water squirter toys are fun, but they're impossible to clean.  I did some research and everything I was finding pretty much said to dispose of the toys.  So, I went through all of the bath toys, saved what I could, and ditched the rest.  Joey and I went to the store and loaded up on some new bath fun!  

He loved these new toys...for about two days!  Tonight when it was time for Joey's bath, I heard him run into the kitchen and giggle.  He locked himself into this dog crate so he wouldn't have to take a bath.  I finally coaxed him into the bath, which he fought until the end.  Once he was in the water, he did okay...this time.  He even fought me when it was time to get out.  This child is mentally draining me.  Does it get any easier?  Wait, don't answer that.  I don't really want to know.  I may run away, and never come back.  

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when their behaviors change on a dime, for no reason, right when you get into a groove? I feel like Mya changes a behavior every time I blog about it! Here's to hoping Joey starts liking bathtime again with those new toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! I hope so too! But I guess these changes in attitudes are what keep us on our toes and not too complacent, huh?

      Delete