Monday, February 28, 2011

Snap, Crackle, Pop

Joey has become very, very talkative lately! 

He is actually quite the babbling fool!  His main word is still "da-da-da", but he's starting to make other sounds and syllables.  No "ma-ma-ma" yet.  :(  

He's also starting to make noises other than words!  He likes to make raspberries now!  Once he starts, he can't stop!  It's so funny!  He's started to make fishy faces today, which results in a "smack" noise.  I actually think he's imitating kisses.  Michael and I are constantly kissing this little butterball, so I think he may be figuring out what we're doing!  

Joey has gotten very good using his pointing finger and thumb to do a pincher grip.  He picks up most things with these two fingers.  In the photo above, I was handing him a cheerio which he would take with his pincher grip.  Then, he would place it back into my pincher grip!  Go Joey!

Joey is about done with baby food.  He usually only wants finger foods that he can put into his own mouth.  If you're eating near Joey, then he will throw a fit until you give him something off of your plate!  He's eating a Mum-Mum Rice Biscuit in the photo above.  These things crack me up because they remind me of the thing you put into a bird's cage for them to rub their beaks down!  Oh, and how do you like Joey's Incredible Hulk sweatshirt?  Ha ha!  

Joey is now cruising for sure!  I think the only reason he crawls is to get to the next object to pull up on!  And he has started to really start walking alongside the furniture, while holding on of course!  He has let go a couple of times, but falls within seconds.  He's definitely making some progress.  I actually hope he doesn't start walking until after our North Carolina trip!  I've heard that once a baby learns to walk, that's all they want to do!  That should be pretty interesting on a long ass plane ride(s)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment