Thursday, December 2, 2010

Stay-On-The-Go Mom

Even though we had the little road obstacle with Joey's cheeks, we still went out for a hike this week. We only hiked for about 30 minutes, but it was nice to get out! It really is beautiful up here in the winter.
I really bundled Joey up so he wouldn't get too cold. I don't think he likes all of the layers, though.

The one problem with carrying Joey in the ERGO carrier when he has all of these layers on is that he seems too restricted. I mean, he already looks like Ralphie's little brother and he really can't move. Then, put him in the carrier like that, and that makes for one unhappy little boy! Michael finished building our pulk sled, and we tried to use it this hike. However, we had to make a few minor adjustments. We're going to test it out on the next hike!

After the hike, we warmed up in the car. I let Joey sit in the front seat with me and he LOVED it!

Joey and I have been so busy and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight! I like that we stay so busy. I know a lot of people think that being a stay-at-home mom is boring or not exciting at all. That is the truth if you don't get out and do stuff. On days when I just sit around the house, I go CRAZY! That's why I like to fill up my calendar with things to do. Not only do all of these things get me some adult interaction, they also help socialize Joey. So, for everyone's sanity, including Michael's, it's good that we stay so busy! As one mom I know puts it, we're "stay-on-the-go moms"! I 100% agree with that saying! :)

1 comment: