Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Gotta Feeling!

Well, I finally have been able to feel Joey move from the outside! Ever since I felt him flipping, punching, kicking, and somersaulting around from the inside (December 19th), I have not been able to feel him move at all from the outside. Everytime, I would place my hand or arm on my stomach, he would stop moving! He's already taking after his mom and dad...being stubborn!

The other day, my belly was half laying on my arm and I felt Joey!! It was pretty cool. It's neat feeling him move around on the inside, but it does feel like you're passing a giant gas bubble a lot of the times, so sometimes it makes you wonder if it's really the baby! However, there's no doubt about him moving when you feel it from the outside...well, I guess it could be severly bad indigestion, but whatever. I was even playing with Joey this morning. He kicked my hand, so I pushed in on my belly, he kicked back, I pushed my belly, he kicked back, and so on. It was awesome. :) My mother-in-law suggested that I place a sheet of paper on my belly to see if it would move since he's so active. That is definitely on my list of to-do's! I was reading in one of my prego books that the baby is the most active during the seventh month! As active as Joey has been this whole time, I can't even imagine what it's going to feel like in a couple of weeks! It's going to feel like a giant dance party in there! Shake it like a salt shaker, Joey!!


This is Joey and me (and Riesling) at 25 weeks and 2 days. My belly is also starting to get pretty hard and thicker. I still have the fat awning/muffin top, but that is slowly starting to dissipate (Thank God!!).

Also, if any of you are looking for a funny quick read, then you should check out Jenny McCarthy's books: Belly Laughs and Baby Laughs. These books are about being pregnant and the first year of motherhood. They are freaking hilarious! I think the reason I got such a good laugh out of reading these books was because I can actually imagine Jenny saying and doing the things she talks about in her books! Jenny also mentions in her book how she and everyone else she knows gained 50 lbs when she was pregnant! This made me feel so much better! If a celebrity who can afford a personal trainer and her own chef gained that much weight, then I'm doing pretty good!

I also wanted to thank all of my blog readers that have commented or emailed me and told me how much weight they have gained during their pregnancies. Most of you seem to have gained about 40-50 lbs! This is wonderful news (to me)! It seems to be more of the norm for women to gain 40-50 lbs, so I wonder why all these damn pregnancy books say you should only gain 25?!?!?! Oh well, keep your comments coming (I have adjusted my blog settings, so you should be able to comment on my posts now) and thank you again for not making me feel like I'm the pregnant girl that just wants to shovel food in her mouth but uses the "I'm pregnant" card as her excuse to eat like crap! :)

1 comment:

  1. I just love reading your blog Sara! Glad I can finally post to let you know! I've been keeping up with you and little Joey. We miss you like crazy! You look beautiful! ~Christina

    ReplyDelete