Friday, March 9, 2012

Double Deuce

Joey turned 22 months yesterday!  Two more months and we will have a two-year old on our hands!  How the heck did that happen?!!?  

Joey has been changing and changing.  He definitely has his own agendas on all days! 

He can repeat most words you say.  They are not that clear, but you can tell he's trying to imitate you.  This also means he says words you don't want little ones saying, like "shit".  This is one of Joey's favorite words.  Good job, mama and dada!

He is super adventurous, yet cautious at first.  Once he learns he can do something, then watch out!  He likes to climb everything!  Surprisingly, he still hasn't conquered the crib, but we know it's coming soon.  Very, very soon.  

He does like to hold your hand when you walk, some of the time.  Of course, these times are when he thinks it's necessary!  I'm really trying to make him always hold my hand in parking lots and walking across the road.  This is definitely a work in progress! 

He is sooooooo active and physical!  We were at a playground this past week and another mom, with a son Joey's age, came up to me and even commented on how physical Joey was!  Her son sat in the sand pit right next to her for an hour, while Joey lasted 5.5 seconds next to my side before he was off running through the equipment, up the hill, up the stairs, down the ramps, up the rock wall, etc.   

We checked out a gymnastics center on our Toddler Time field trip this week.  Joey LOVED it!  He loved the trampoline lane in the video above the best!  He was at this speed the entire hour we were there!  I thought for sure this kid would pass out at nap time, but no such luck!  He didn't sleep a wink after all of this.

I've really, really missed Alaska since we have moved here.  However, for the first time, I actually don't miss it so much.  It's March, springtime, warmer weather, sun, no snow!  Down here, we are able to enjoy all of those things.  Alaska may still have two more months of snow.  I forgot how much I missed the sun and warmth and being able to wear shorts in 75 degree weather in March.  We've had a couple of 80 degree days this week, so Joey and I met up with some friends and checked out the beach!  

Joey and I have really started to make some cool friends here.  I'm not going to lie, when we first moved here, I placed all of this pressure on myself to make really good friends that would be a support system when I had this baby.  Well, you know you can't rush good friendships.  Those usually turn into crap, which happened to mine.  Now, that there's no pressure, I'm meeting some pretty cool people.  Joey is getting to play with tons of kids.  It is a win-win situation for both of us!

Since we all know how much Joey loves the water, we've been trying to teach him to run away from the waves.  We've made it a fun game so Joey doesn't want to go into the ocean.  I know this game won't last long, but I'm using it as much as I can now!  

Joey is still super "helpful" around the house.  His new thing is actually pushing the vacuum.  He holds the handle down too low, so the actual vacuum head isn't even touching the ground, but it's what he likes to do.  I actually think that a lot of times he just wants to push the vacuum because I'm using it.  Once I let him have it and go on to another chore, he wants nothing to do with the vacuum...until I go back to it!  Then, he's all over it again!   Little booger!

We're still having lots and lots of tantrums, but we're working on it.  Joey has become so independent and I know it's only going to increase.  Hopefully, we both can come to some sort of an understanding before one of us (me!) goes bonkers!  

Happy 22nd Month, Little Man!

1 comment:

  1. I *always* laugh when there is a circle song at gymnastics. About 90% of the kids actually will sit there in the circle and do a song. Not Z (unless there are instruments involved). Even so, after about 4 minutes, he is off. He too loves nothing better than to climb, jump off of stuff and go wild. You just made me want to blog about that! Glad you are in the same boat! Hope that he doesn't figure the crib thing out!!

    ReplyDelete