Since the blueberries in our area are kind of nonexistent this year, Joey and I joined some friends and went to a raspberry u-pick-it farm. There are lots of wild raspberries around, but since we are on limited time, we got down to business and just went to a guaranteed spot!
Joey and little S getting ready to pick some berries! They were scoping out the good berry rows!
We started out with the kids walking, but that was taking us FOR-EVER! We had to put the kids in the carriers for a little while, so we could actually get some berry picking accomplished!
We ended up picking this whole pitcher full of berries! It was awesome! Oh, and how do you like Joey's little rubber boots? They're cute, aren't they?
Joey really liked picking berries. He actually started to pick the berries off of the bush and put them into the pitcher! It was so awesome! Of course, he ate a few too! :)
Once we picked all of these berries, I wondered what the heck I was going to do with all of them! So, I made jam! I've never made jam, but how hard could it be?!? I read a bunch of recipes on the Internet and called my grams. With both of those sources, I made the perfect jam! I was super proud of myself! I didn't have the supplies to can, so I just put my jam in sterilized Tupperware containers. I planned on eating this stuff quickly, so I wasn't too concerned about canning.
Since we were on a roll with the Ag stuff, we went to a farmer's market later on in the day and bought a giant zucchini! This ginormous veggie only cost $4!! So far, I have made grilled zucchini, 2 loaves of zucchini bread, and zucchini pasta with this monster AND I still have half of a zucchini left! Awesome!




No comments:
Post a Comment