Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Step By Step

Someone has decided that they are a big boy and took their first steps this week!  He actually took one step on St. Patrick's Day while we were at a party.  However, I didn't know if that was a real step or it was my imagination.  Then, on Sunday, Michael and I were sitting around and Joey took three steps towards Michael!!  It was AMAZING!  Then, on Monday, Joey took seven steps in the A.M. and seven steps in the evening!  I think that could definitely be considered the first "steps" in walking!  :)

I have been trying to get these baby steps on tape, but, of course, as soon as I pull out the camera, Mr. Joey wants to sit on his butt or crawl!  However, our friend, Amy, came over tonight and after tons of failed attempts, we finally captured the little man taking some steps!  :) 


Besides taking his first steps, Joey also said "Mama"!  His first words were "Dada" and "Blah, Blah".  He has made some other noises, but no "mama"!  However, Michael and I have both thought that Joey was starting to make the sound for "mama".  Then, on Monday, as I went around the corner, Joey yelled "mama"!!  It was awesome!  He also did it when I got out of the car (I was going to get him out of his car seat).  It's so great to finally hear him say my new "name"!  :) 

4 comments:

  1. Awww! Super cute video! Go Joey!
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That is so great Sara!!!! I can only imagine what a wonderful feeling you had when he called you "mama." The video is so cute and he still loves his spatula. lol
    XO I'm so excited to see you guys in only a few weeks!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO LIL MAN!!!! KNUCKLES LIL DUDE FOR SURE!!! DAMN I AM SAD I MISS THE STEPS!!! CONGRATS YOU GUYS!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!
    TIA OUT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that is too precious! All of it. The walking, him saying "mama". Soooo, happy for you.

    ReplyDelete