This past weekend was the start of the 2011 Iditarod Dog Sled Race! Since Michael and I have been to the ceremonial start in downtown Anchorage in the past, we didn't even go this year (plus, Michael was working). However, we were invited to go to the restart (the official start of the race) in Willow with some friends of ours. We checked out the restart the first year we were up here, but this time we were actually going to be tailgatin' with a group of people! :)
Family picture as the last team goes by!
Joey and Daddy watching the race.
Joey was interested in the dogs racing by for a second!
It was such a beautiful day..."warm" weather and sunny!
Our group had even built a snow couch for peeps to sit on while the mushers went by! How cool is that?!?
We were a little ways from the start line, so a lot of the mushers would actually slap your hand as they went past. That was really cool! The photo above is of me slapping one of the mushers hands! Woo hoo!! It was a really nice day and I am so glad that we took Joey out to view his first Iditarod!




That sounds like so much fun Sara. I love the photo of Joey up-close. He looks a little sleepy. I'm so glad you are keeping your blog going. Can't wait to see you all next month:)
ReplyDelete