We had another doctor's appointment yesterday. Everything is doing wonderfully! My uterus measured 18 cm=18 weeks (we're 18 weeks 3 days)! B-Dawg's heartbeat was 145-146 bpm (really good)! As we were listening for the heart, B-Dawg kicked! I didn't feel it, but we heard it! hahaha! I'm also doing really well with my weight gain! Not too much, not too little!
The doc also reviewed my the blood work I had gotten done last appointment. Everything came back negative! whoop whoop!! There are no markers for Down's Syndrome, an open spine, Trisomy 18, etc! Great news!
We also discussed my activities. The doc said NO to volleyball, a boot camp workout class, cross counry skiing with a lot of downhills, and sit-ups. She also told me that I should not be shoveling snow! Normally, I would be happy about all of this "hell no" to exercise or work mentality, but I'm getting frustrated again. I hate not being able to do things! It drives me crazy! Michael works such long hours that he doesn't have time to shovel the driveway. So of course, I want to do it so he doesn't have to. I want to be able to participate in all of those physical activities because that's what my friends are all doing. I'm not hanging out with couch potatoes at all and if I want to see them we have to be doing active stuff! Maybe I can get them into swimming?!?! A baby causing another life change? Welcome to the rest of my life, right?
I went cross country skiing after my doctor's appointment yesterday and was so nervous and paranoid about what the doc said that I fell 5 times! Luckily, it was when I was trying to go uphill so I didn't fall hard or fast...I just fell. But I was getting super frustrated. I may just have to start going to extremely flat terrains to ski!
I had to go buy some more maternity clothes last night, as well. I have a job interview today and none of my dress clothes fit anymore! Luckily, since I haven't been working, I've been able to live in my hooded sweatshirts and jeans. I don't think that attire would go over so well in an office! haha! I really don't like buying maternity clothes since I don't have the big round belly yet. However, I went to Kohl's and it seems that the sweater styles for the season actually look a lot like maternity clothes! Go figure! So I just bought some large sweaters and that made me feel a little more normal. On a good note, the doctor said by the end of this month, by uterus will be above my belly button and I should then have one big belly versus my two fat rolls! Hallelujah! :)
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment