So I got to go to NC for about a week and half to participate in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I did this walk last year, and got totally wrapped up in the emotional stuff and signed up to do it again this year! We found out we were pregnant about a month and half before the walk. I spoke to the doctor about this and she said it was fine. I just needed to eat the entire time I was walking!! Well, for those of you who really know me, you know this was not an issue for me! I LOVE to eat! Heart it, actually! And now, I had doctor's orders to eat! I was in heaven!! I had a lot of people tell me that they thought I was crazy for walking 39.3 miles seeing that I was pregnant. However, when you talk to the docs they tell you to exercise when you're pregnant. So maybe I don't exercise everyday, and I like to combine in all into one weekend! The way I look at it, is I'm good in the exercise department for at least a few months! :) I'm sure the doctors don't look at it that way, but whatever. What do they know anyways?
Anyways, one of my trusty teammates and best friends, Becky, walked with me and kept me in check. Every 10 minutes or so, she would ask me if I was drinking water and/or eating. If I told her I was good, she would make me eat/drink anyways. So for all you worriers out there, there was no need to worry, I had Becky. :)
I am eating pretzels in this picture. I probably gained 5 pounds from this walk because I ate so much!
Here are a couple of other pics that were taken when I was home. Sorry, they are so small...I had some issues transferring them from Snapfish.

Yes, I am eating Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream straight from the carton. Don't judge me. And I would not say this is a craving...yet. Since I started Weight Watchers last year, I really didn't let myself eat ice cream that much. Now, since I'm preggers, I let myself indulge! :)

My Dad got this Fat Bastard (from the Austin Powers movies) costume for Halloween. We had so much fun with this costume. We made everyone try it on. This is me in it. We all made jokes that this is what I'm going to look like in 9 months! Poor Michael.
No comments:
Post a Comment