Happy Halloween! Since we recently relocated to our new home, we didn't have many plans for the upcoming holiday.
We did find a "pumpkin patch" in one of the local shopping plazas. Ha!! Joey didn't mess around with small pumpkins, he wanted the big ones! Go big or go home, right?
We did have a lot of fun at this fake pumpkin patch. We got to pet some pigs, sheep, and goats, ride some rides and pick out a pumpkin.
It was a fun time! However, it was very weird for us to be wearing shorts AND sweating!

Not sure if you guys know this, but my cousin and his family live in the same neighborhood as us. How cool is that?!?! It's been a long time since we've lived minutes from actual family. Anyways, we have been hanging out with the fam, and Halloween was no exception. Our cousin (the brother of the cousin that lives in our neighborhood) and family came down from San Fran to visit. So, both my cousin's kids and Joey got to go out trick or treating this Halloween. Of course, I dressed up and, of course, I was the only adult that dressed up! That only means that I am the coolest cousin/parent eva! (Oh, Joey is supposed to be a pirate parrot!)
Joey did really well with the trick or treating. He actually went up to the doors (with his cousins) and got candy. I didn't have to walk up with him! He really got into the whole thing. I was surprised how quickly he picked up on the whole idea.
Of course, Joey finally found out what candy was on this holiday. We've held off on giving him any sweets, until recently. Now he is a candy maniac! We've had to deal with a lot of candy tantrums here lately. Joey really likes suckers and Sour Patch Kids!
It was really great to spend some time with our extended family and it was great Hallloween! (oh, and for the record, Michael and I were both originally pirates, but Michael was too lazy dressing up Halloween night and I wasn't comfortable in my costume, so...)




No comments:
Post a Comment