Monday, July 11, 2011

Mama's Day Off!

Since I was supposed to be gone on my backpacking trip all last week and I was so super bummed about not having some "me" time, Michael and Leanne kept Joey on Friday, so I could go out and enjoy myself...alone. 

It was INCREDIBLE!  I love my son, I really do, but it was so nice to have some time to just myself.  I felt like the old Sara again.  I left my house at 830 AM and didn't get home until 1130 PM!!  I felt like a dog off of a leash!  I tried to fit as much as I could into my day as possible!

I met my friend, Jill, for a super leisurely breakfast at our fav breakfast spot, Snow City Cafe.  Then we went on a 16-mile bike ride.  Yes, I said 16 miles.   

Then, I met my friend, Lanny, and we hiked up Flat Top, the most popular hike in Anchorage!  (Yes, I may have overdone it just a tad on the physical exertion part, but that's what I would do if I didn't have Joey with me...long or steep hikes or long bike rides!  Oh, and my back did hurt just a little the next day, but not too bad.  :) )

After the hike, I met my friend, Kate, for dinner and a movie!

Our other friend, Liz, met us for the movie, and then her and I went out for drinks at a real bar!  It was so nice!

It was a wonderful day and I was so happy to spend some good quality time with four of my pre-baby friends, especially since we are leaving soon.  I really was excited about seeing Joey the next day.  I think every SAHM needs some time to herself every once in awhile to get rejuvenated! 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your "me" time! Sounds like a really fun day!

    ReplyDelete