Monday, May 2, 2011

Pre-Birthday Celebrations!

Joey's 1st birthday is at the end of this week, but Joey started celebrating while we were still in North Carolina!  Both sets of families (Michael's side and my side) each held little birthday parties for Joey since they wouldn't be able to be with us for the real day.  I only have pics from my family's party since I was lazy and did not take any photos while in NC...well, except for the one where Joey is sitting in the little seat while I'm doing my bathroom business!  :)  I will post the pics from Michael's family's party once they send me the photos...ahem, that's a hint Nana and Papa Mike!  ;) 

My mom had made Joey and me our own cakes.  We ALL made it through this first year...alive!  It's been a long year, and it definitely calls for a huge celebration.  We actually titled Joey's birthday party "We've Made It Through the First Year!"  I mean, these babies don't know what's going on and they're not going to remember this party, so it really is for the parents! 

Joey really loved digging into both of his cakes!  I don't even know if we should make him a cake for his real birthday!  He also really enjoyed seeing all of his family and pre-gaming for the upcoming big day!

Joey has already received some birthday gifts!  One gift he received was a one-year portrait session with a local photographer from Aunt Becky and Kenny!  We do not have all of the pics from the session yet, but the photographer did put up a sneak peek on her website.  The photo shoot was fun, and Joey posed like a champ!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are awesome! The photographer did an amazing job. Joey is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete