I have been cleaning our carpets for the past two days. Michael thinks I'm nesting, however, I would have to disagree. I have completed everything on our checklist, so now I'm literally just sitting around and waiting. We have not cleaned our carpets once since we moved into this house back in the summer. That may not seem like a long time to some people, but to people that own 3 hairy pets, have a party (where people spill beer and puke on the floor) at least once a month, dog-sit friend's dogs every couple of months, and just completed another Alaska winter, 8 months is really rough on a carpet! So, since I have this extra time and it really needed done, I have been working on the carpets! I am SO glad that I have done this because our carpet was straight up NASTY! I will feel better about us laying on our carpet now, and, especially, about Joey crawling around on it in a few months! :)
We also got the car seat installed and officially inspected at an inspection station yesterday! Joey will be safe and secure in his car seat now. Both of our vehicles are also freshly oiled up, tires changed over, vacuumed and cleaned! Instructions for the pets while we're in the hospital are written up and posted.
We are ready for this baby!
Also, on a side note, I did want to tell all of my readers, that I have not posted everything about this pregnancy on this blog. I know it may seem like I have, but I actually have left several things out since my father, uncles, and in-laws read this blog! I'm not exactly sure if my male family members would like to read about my vaginal juices or booby issues. So, if you are using this blog for advice, you can always send me an email and I will divulge the more gruesome/gory stuff with you in private! Heehee!
I've also been asked by a few family members if I will continue this blog after Joey is born. I do plan on continuing it. I will most likely post a crap load more photos since new parents always seem so obsessed with taking photos of their babies. I'm sure I will be exactly the same way, and what better way to keep our friends and families in the loop of Joey's development than posting it all over the Internet! :) So, definitely stay tuned for the outcome of this long journey and everything after!




Dear Joey,
ReplyDeleteI can not wait to see you! Please tell your mother to take lots of pictures of you and post them everyday. No, really...every day!
YOU ARE DROPPING!!!!!How exciting!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great way for us to feel close to you, Michael and Joey! I am so happy that you are going to continue it...I'm with Aunt Becky about posting everyday!
Love you